This guide offers information that can help you raise drug-free children.
This guide includes:
• An overview of substance use among young people, with a special focus on how it affects academic performance
• Descriptions of some substance young people use
• A look at risk factors that may make kids more vulnerable to trying and using alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs and protective factors to offset those risks
• Suggestions for how to talk to children about alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs, regardless of their age; and
• Tips on what to do if you suspect your child is using alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
Electronic Cigarette Prevention Tool-Kit
A few years ago we knew next to nothing about the health impact
of e-cigarettes (also sometimes called e-cigs, vaporizers, or hookah
pens). However, emerging facts make it essential that we have a
thorough understanding about this drug delivery system as we
strive to keep our kids healthy. Some slang terms include E-Cigs,
E-Hookahs, Hooka Pens, Vapes, Vape Pens, JUULs, “Jeweling” Mods.